Since the list is not completely comprehensive, please feel free to inquire about a service if you do not see it listed.
Our business clients consult OHCD at all stages of growth. A new enterprise will receive assistance evaluating the viability of a potential business, projecting cash flow and profit, packaging a financing request, establishing books and records and training someone to maintain and monitor them. Annual financial statements and tax returns are prepared with a view to an optimal tax result.
- financial statement preparation
- review engagement reports
- notice to reader reports
- computerized bookkeeping
Our audit approach is built upon identifying and assessing risk. The result is that our effort is focused on amounts that are significant. As part of the audit process, we assess the internal controls and procedures followed by our clients and recommend improvements where practical. Our audit programs have been developed combining the strengths of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants' programs contained in the Professional Engagement Manual, Carswell programs and publications and our own modifications based on experience and training.
- audit reports on financial statements
- flexible risk based approach
- internal control systems review
Although governments often promise the opposite, each year the taxation system becomes more complex. As a result, our clients rely more and more on our professional tax advice to ensure that they are optimizing their tax situation. Significant partner involvement in the process ensures that our clients get the full benefit of our training and expertise.
- personal and corporate tax advice and returns
- tax minimization strategies (personal and corporate)
- estate planning and returns
Consulting / Advisory
The partners and staff at OHCD have considerable experience in providing consulting and advisory services. Our backgrounds and client experiences are diverse, allowing us to offer an effective blend of skills and experience.
- computerized accounting systems advice and implementation
- financial management and controllership
- cash flow analysis
- business and organization startup planning
- organization operational review and management consulting
- personal financial planning